GOVERNMENT OF INDIAGOVERNMENT OF INDIA
A Digital India Initiative

States/UTs wise teaching staff (Male) in Standalone Institution during 2012-2013

June 1, 2015

There are several institutions which are outside the purview of the University & College. These Institutions generally run Diploma/PG Diploma level programmes for which they require recognition from one or other Statutory Bodies. For the purpose of AISHE survey, such Institutions will be referred as Stand-alone Institutions.

In India, 67026 male teaching staffs were present in 5748 participated institutions in the survey during 2012-2013. Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Punjab, Haryana, Odisha, West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Kerala were the major presenting states in terms of the strength of male faculties in their participating institution. In Tamil Nadu, 17924 male faculties were counted in 1137 institutions i.e. 26.7% of male faculties of all India. In Maharashtra, 11528 male faculties were counted in 1017 institutions i.e. 17.2% of male faculties of all India.

In Karnataka, 11335 male faculties were counted in 1348 institutions i.e. 16.9% of male faculties of all India. In Punjab, 4602 male faculties were counted in 126 institutions i.e. 6.9% of male faculties of all India. In Haryana, 2946 male faculties were counted in 98 institutions i.e. 4.4% of male faculties of all India. In Odisha, 2640 male faculties were counted in 139 institutions i.e. 3.9% of male faculties of all India. In West Bengal, 2594 male faculties were counted in 179 institutions i.e. 3.9% of male faculties of all India.

In Andhra Pradesh, 2167 male faculties were counted in 284 institutions i.e. 3.2% of male faculties of all India. In Uttar Pradesh, 1846 male faculties were counted in 172 institutions i.e. 2.8% of male faculties of all India. In Kerala, 1478 male faculties were counted in 344 institutions i.e. 2.2% of male faculties of all India. Meghalaya, Nagaland, Daman and Diu, Chandigarh and Tripura were having least male faculties in their participated institutions. Numbers of male faculties were 42 in Meghalaya, 36 in Nagaland, 20 in Daman and Diu, 17 in Chandigarh and 15 in Tripura.

To visualize above statistics of states significantly, it important to take ratio of number of male faculties to number of participated institutions in the survey of states. Top five states with highest ratio of male faculties per institutions were Jharkhand, Punjab, Haryana, Arunachal Pradesh and Puducherry in respective figures i.e. 40.75, 36.52, 30.06, 26.5 and 24.3.

View in Visualization Tool
Source: Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Higher Education