GOVERNMENT OF INDIAGOVERNMENT OF INDIA
A Digital India Initiative

SBI and Associate Banks: CRAR – Total % from March 2010 to March 2014

February 9, 2015

Capital to Risk-Weighted Asset Ratio (CRAR) is an important indicator for the banks. CRAR shows how strong a bank is and gives an idea as to how much capacity the bank has to absorb the losses in case a large number of its borrowers fail to repay their loans or its assets i.e. advances/loans become Non-Performing Assets (NPAs). Bank’s capital is classified under Tier-I (core capital) and Tier-II (subordinate capital) under Basel-II Accord and this data describes the Capital to Risk-Weighted Asset Ratio (CRAR) – Total % comprising both Tier-I and Tier-II.

State Bank of India had CRAR -Total of 12.44% in the Financial Year ended March 2014; State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur had CRAR -Total of 11.55% in the Financial Year ended March 2014; State Bank of Hyderabad had CRAR -Total of 12% in the Financial Year ended March 2014; State Bank of Mysore had CRAR -Total of 11.08% in the Financial Year ended March 2014; State Bank of Patiala had CRAR -Total of 10.38% in the Financial Year ended March 2014 and State Bank of Travancore had CRAR -Total of 10.79% in the Financial Year ended March 2014.

State Bank of India has witnessed a decrease in the CRAR -Total % by -0.95 percentage points between the Financial Year ended March 2010 and March 2014; State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur has witnessed a decrease in the CRAR -Total % by -1.75 percentage points between the Financial Year ended March 2010 and March 2014; State Bank of Hyderabad has witnessed a decrease in the CRAR -Total % by -2.9 percentage points between the Financial Year ended March 2010 and March 2014; State Bank of Mysore has witnessed a decrease in the CRAR -Total % by -1.34 percentage points between the Financial Year ended March 2010 and March 2014; State Bank of Patiala has witnessed a decrease in the CRAR -Total % by -2.88 percentage points between the Financial Year ended March 2010 and March 2014 and State Bank of Travancore has witnessed a decrease in the CRAR -Total % by -2.95 percentage points between the Financial Year ended March 2010 and March 2014.

Note: SB Indore was merged with SBI during August 2010.

View in Visualization Tool
Source: Ministry of Finance, Department of Financial Services