Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS) Data on Open Government Data Platform India
June 28, 2019
The Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS) is a health care facility scheme for the existing and former employees of the Central Government. It offers comprehensive health care facilities to more than 30 lakh beneficiaries in 37 cities. The medical facilities are provided through Wellness Centres (previously referred to as CGHS dispensaries/polyclinics under Allopathic, Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Sidha and Homeopathic systems of medicines.
CGHS offers facilities like OPD treatment, medical consultation and dispensing of medicines, specialist consultation at polyclinic/govt. hospitals, family welfare, maternity and child health services, reimbursement of expenses for treatment availed in govt. /private hospitals under emergency etc.
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare have shared six datasets through webservices at Open Government Data Platform, India. Follow the link to avail these datasets –https://data.gov.in/node/4197981.This catalog includes the below datasets-
- Wellness Centre-wise Beneficiaries registered under CGHS in different cities: This dataset offers City Name and its corresponding Wellness centre name, card type and count.
- List of Hospitals empaneled under CGHS all over India: This dataset contains City Name with corresponding registered hospital name and hospital address.
- List of Diagnostics Centers empaneled under CGHS all over India: This dataset contains list of City with corresponding Diagnostic centre name and respective address.
- City-wise list of Wellness Centres:This dataset offers list of cities with its code and corresponding Wellness centreName and respective codes, address, latitude and longitude. It also provides number of doctor available on the wellness centre with category (Ayurvedic/Allopathic/Homeo/Siddha/Unani) and contact number of the centre.
- List of Life Saving Drugs: This dataset contains list of Medicine names and its type
- Self Printing of CGHS Card as on date:This dataset contains list of cities with corresponding Wellness Centres, Number of plastic cards printed today and as on date from 2015.